Friday, January 17, 2014

Poor Richard / First eBay

I'm home from three terrific days of school visits in Pennsylvania, and was finally able to complete the character I posted last week.  So here he is.  Poor Richard is still thinking about his Legos, and not making any progress on the quiz.

And as promised, the original painting went up for auction on eBay.

I hope you'll come back Monday to see the next character (follow this blog to make that easy)!  I'm going to do my best to stick with my one-a-week goal, and I've already got Monday's sketch ready.
Unable to summon up any of the facts about Guatemala Mrs. Bennington taught them, Richard turned his mind to more pleasant thoughts of his Legos.

And for good measure, here's one last image of the piece in process.  You can see I've left the paws and final details in the face for last.  After I completed Richard, I went back and added smudgy eraser details in the blackboard, which I thought made it feel more dimensional.


Paws and facial details still left to do.

1 comment:

  1. Brian! I just wanted to let you know that my girls loved Richard! They studied each picture and the differences in each stage! They could even relate with him as sometimes they daydream in class too!
    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete